Sioux Mountain Public School opened in March, 2002. The school building is aesthetically pleasing, comfortable and has many technologically-advanced features.
A few facts about the school building and facilities:
- 19 classrooms, including two ‘Special Education’ rooms
- Two computers in every classroom
- In-focus projectors or SMART Boards in all classrooms
- Two resource rooms designated for literacy programming
- Classrooms for Native language and French language instruction
- Two mobile computer labs with laptop technology
- High speed wireless networking throughout the school
- A full size gymnasium
- A large library
- A bookroom with a large collection of reading resource materials
- An outdoor basketball court
- Two full size soccer pitches
We are in the process of implementing laptop technology for all students in grades 5 through 8 in September, 2011.